Some of the best skiing in the Wasatch lies just outside resort boundaries ... join BBE's local experts to find out where!
December to May
Lifts provide us with speedy access to high mountain terrain, and allow us to reach the Wasatch’ uppermost elevations, and stack up vertical with considerably less hiking or skinning.
We may make a ‘one-up’ to gain altitude on our way to more remote peaks, or return to the lifts multiple times, combining lifts with short hikes and traverses in order to enjoy untracked powder adjacent to the resorts.
- Difficulty: no backcountry experience is necessary; intermediate to advanced downhill ski ability and good fitness required
- Meeting Time: Generally 8am
- Meeting Location: Big or Little Cottonwood Park and Ride Lot, Alta or Brighton, depending on objective
What We Provide:
- IFMGA ski and mountaineering guides
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe and pack (if needed)
What You Need:
- Alpine touring, telemark ski or split-snowboard equipment
- Lunch, water and snacks
- Review the equipment list
- Full day Lift ticket or "single-ride lift ticket"
Duration and dates:
- 1 day, December to May
- These are private guided days, so simply contact us to select your date(s)
Rates* according to client to guide ratio:
- Price for 1: $450 each
- Price for 2: $300 each
- Price for 3: $250 each
- Price for 4: $225 each
*Cost of lift ticket not included