It’s time! Our Everest summit push is underway
Summit Push Night 1: Everest
Well, after what’s been a truly emotional ride for us this season, we are delighted to announce our summit push is finally underway. Willie Matt and the team left the South Col some time ago, and we wait for them to check in from the Balcony at any time now. An exiting 48 hours lies ahead! We hope for an early summit tomorrow, the winds are low and skies clear. If everything goes well, the plan will be to then rest another day at the South Col, and then push on for Lhotse. We’re delighted with the weather forecast and the huge number of summits so far.
Our first stop once we arrive back in Kathmandu will be a visit to the Department of Tourism to pay for our ski permit, personally apologize for the misunderstanding and hopefully renew our trusted friendship with the dedicated staff at the DoT. Willie and Matt as always truly want the very best for Nepal, and remain more committed than ever to sharing the wonders of this incredible nation with the world. It’s impossible to come to Nepal and not form an enduring bond with her people and culture and they’re no exception. We are all deeply touched by the support we received from the Sherpa community during this challenging season.
Safe climbing from all the family friends and fans around the world!