We offer this adventure through our partner, Wasatch Mountain Guides.
Overview of Guided Backcountry Skiing in the Wasatch Mountains
The Wasatch Mountains outside of Salt Lake City provide unparalleled access and consistent snow. The conditions of the range are almost goldilocks in terms of their practically perfect attributes. The varied terrain, 500 inches of annual snowfall, moderate climate, and ideally situated slopes for powder skiing are why all of our ski guides and avalanche education instructors can be found backcountry skiing every day throughout the winter.y plans, camp locations, group dynamics, and plenty more!
Our backcountry ski tours are permitted and booked through our partner Wasatch Mountain Guides. Through our partner we offer:
- Book a Ski Guide (standard day tour with a certified guide)
- Advanced Tour and Ski Mountaineering (experience required)
- Introduction to Backcountry Touring Course (for beginners)
- Hybrid Avalanche Course (AAI Level 1)
Difficulty: While no backcountry experience is strictly necessary, you will enjoy this type of tour with a little touring experience under your belt, knowledge of the equipment being key as well as fitness level; intermediate to advanced downhill ski ability and good fitness required.
We have options for beginners to advanced clients (see above).
Meeting Time: Generally 8:00 am
Meeting Location: Big or Little Cottonwood Park and Ride Lot, Alta or Brighton, depending on objective
What We Provide
- IFMGA/AMGA ski and mountaineering guides
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe and pack (if needed)
What You Need
- Alpine touring, telemark ski or split-snowboard equipment
- Lunch, water and snacks
- Review the equipment list
- Lift Accessed Tours: cost of “single-ride lift ticket” is additional
Duration and Dates
- 1 day, December to May
- These are private guided days, so simply contact us to select your date(s)
Pricing per Person
- Price for 1: $475
- Price for 2: $325 (each)
- Price for 3: $275 (each)
- Price for 4: $250 (each)
Max client to guide ratio is 4:1